In order to walk, it is not necessary to purchase expensive equipment or pay a fitness instructor. This kind of exercise is useful to almost everyone, regardless of health status or age. You just need to choose your route and time.
What are the Advantages of Walking?
Walking is a result of complex activity of the muscles of the body and limbs. The benefit of walking is determined by the fact that it involves biomechanical and neurophysiologic processes that affect the entire body. Different groups of leg muscles work and this activity ensures the tonus of the whole body.
Work of the feet during walking activates the bloodstream: blood intensively enriches internal organs with oxygen, speeding up metabolic processes.
Active energy processes help to reduce fat: 15 min. of walking in an average rate (1.5 km) burns 100 kcal.
Regular walking improves immunity and endurance, relieves stress, positively affects mental health and also improves sleeping.
There are almost no contraindications for walking. Everyone can choose the pace and time of walking for himself.
Moreover, intensive walking surely results in losing weight due to the facts that:
- When a person walks, his body takes energy from storages of fat.
- Not only the legs, but all other muscles of the body work during walking: the hip area ensures the mobility of the legs, back and abdomen maintain balance and even posture, arms and shoulders ensure balancing.
- Walking accelerates the metabolism. Due to it, the body receives more useful micronutrients from food, and toxins are removed from it.
How to Walk in Order to Lose Weight?
If you seriously decide to choose this kind of physical activity, you should consider a few nuances.
1. The effect of walking depends on its speed. For example, a slow walk, when a person does about 70 steps per minute, calms and relieves tension. However, it does not bring any tangible training effect. If you go at a fast pace (more than 120 steps per minute), then this walk can replace a full training in the gym.
2. Watch your heartbeat: it should exceed normal values by 65-75%. To do this, you can use a heart rate monitor or simply count the number of heart beats per minute.
3. The breathing during walking should be smooth and deep. If you are engaged with friends, then try not to talk, as this will push you out the rhythm and disturb the frequency of breaths and exhalations.
4. Practice regularly. To increase the overall fitness of the body and start the process of losing weight, you should have physical exercises, including walking, 5-6 times a week.
5. If your aim is not just to improve your figure, but to get rid of a great amount of extra kilos, you can supplement walking with a diet, a personal instructor or natural weight loss pills.
6. Give enough time to practice. This does not mean that you need to spend several hours every day in the park or in the stadium. To begin with, it will be enough to spend 30-60 minutes walking daily. At the same time, you can walk either half an hour a day or 10-15 minutes in the morning, lunch and evening.
7. Set a distance and try to pass it, and later increase it. To control the distance you have passed, practice in the stadium, where one circle is usually equal to 400 meters.
8. A pedometer can help you easily track the distance that you covered during the day, as well as the number of steps you have made.
And don’t forget, that proper walking should be simple and natural. Get pleasure from it and you’ll be rewarded with good health and super appearance!