Modern rhythm of life requires a constant stay in tonus. At the same time, most people do not have enough time for themselves as it is necessary to give preference to “more important things”. So, when there is no much time for constant full-length trainings, but the desire to get rid of extra pounds prevails over laziness, training with TABATA method will be useful. Short-term intensive exercises will help you to strengthen muscles, burn a bunch of calories and get rid of bad mood.
What Tabata is and how it Works
One workout lasts only for four minutes. This time is divided into 8 rounds for 20 seconds, between which there are 10 second breaks. At first glance, training can seem easy – only 20 seconds of active work. Due to the high rate of training, body does not have time to get full rest for 10 seconds, so the next round has to be done with greater effort.
It’s important to get into mind that you’ll get the desired results only if you do your utmost and not reduce the tempo during each interval. Moreover, the trainings can be supplemented with healthy eating and diet pills that work for women.
Effects of TABATA Weight Loss Training
- Fat mass reduction. Most of other workouts are made in such a way that the main energy costs occur during the fulfillment of the load. During Tabata trainings we have an opposite result – body spends much more energy during the rest. The higher the speed of the exercise, the longer it will have to be restored, the more energy it will take from the subcutaneous fat.
- Development of different groups of muscles. Exercises for the complex are predominantly multi-joint (those in the performance of which more than 50% of all muscles work).
- Improvement of mood. Exercises have to be performed very quickly, so there is no time to think about the spot on your favorite skirt. In addition, it is proved that intensive exercises allow you to “let off steam” and get rid of negative emotions.
- Increased stamina. This effect is achieved by the fact that the body is forced to work against the background of fatigue. And do not just work, but do it quickly and with the right technique.
- Training for the brain. Exercises can be different, depending on the purpose. The bigger number of exercises and the more difficult they are, the more the brain will have to strain to recall their consistency and control the technique.
Advantages of Tabata Training
- the ability to spend minimum time and stay healthy and physically fit;
- acceleration of metabolism for 24-48 hours;
- the ability to choose exercises in accordance with the level of preparation and purpose;
- lack of monotony;
- the ability to use almost any inventory;
- ability to train anywhere: at home, at work, in the street, during a business trip and even in the train.
What Exercises to Choose
At first, exercises should be simple and well known – the technique should not be affected during the quick performing. It’s better to choose 2-4 exercises and do them in two or four circles.
Of course, there are complexes based on one exercise, but they overload one group of muscles and sometimes they seem too boring.
The more muscles are involved, the better (you will burn more calories). However, 1-2 exercises can be isolated. They will involve small muscles (twisting for the press, flexing of the hands – for the biceps or triceps). Ideally, the training program should be built taking into account individual characteristics of the body, the level of preparation, the goals of an individual person.
And finally, you shouldn’t overindulge into this kind of training, because the body gets used to it and gradually the effect of losing weight is lost.