A lot of people stay away from natural weight loss diet regimens because they believe that it is too time consuming and would take a lot of effort to follow. There also is a concern about the taste of these natural weight loss foods. A lot of people love to eat and the thought of eating something that is tasteless and unappetizing is really one factor that discourages people from trying a natural weight loss diet.
But the truth is that natural weight loss foods are really very similar to the foods that people actually eat, except with a few minor adjustments. A lot of people are surprised to hear that healthy, natural weight loss foods are not simply granola bars or just celery and carrots. Natural weight loss foods are actually like chicken, steak, salads, pasta, and many other varieties of “normal” food that people are used to eating.
You have to know that in order to achieve natural weight loss, you need to eat. This may sound strange for a lot of people but the fact is, to keep your body and metabolism moving, you need to have energy, and energy is fueled by the food you eat. But of course you need to know which foods are good natural weight loss foods, and you need to know which foods you need to avoid.
Top 10 Natural Weight Loss Foods
1. Water – Water is needed for natural weight loss and proper metabolism to work. Good metabolism means that your body is burning calories. Water also gives people a feeling of fullness, and although not too long, it can extend your satiety for a little bit longer. Water is a good healthy food all over, helping the body flush out a lot of toxins.
2. Chicken, without the skin – Chicken is a very lean meat and without the skin, you can get your protein fix while reducing a lot of the calorie intake, making it an excellent natural weight loss food.
3. Eggs – Eggs as a natural weight loss food are rich in protein. It has also been proven in clinical studies that when eggs are consumed, people feel fuller longer. A different research also says that protein can help in preventing blood sugar from spiking.
4. Potatoes – Now you may be surprised about this one included as a natural weight loss food especially with its reputation as one of the fast food products to avoid. But that is because in fast food restaurants, potatoes are fried in unhealthy oil that is not too good for the heart and the weight. But if potatoes are baked or boiled, without any butter or cream additives, they actually are a filling snack which contains only a few calories. If you want to take it a step further, then try sweet potatoes. It’s got more flavor and more fiber and is indeed a great addition to your natural weight loss diet.
5. Green tea – Next time you take a coffee break, try a natural weight loss drink like green tea instead of coffee. It has antioxidants that help make your metabolism and fat burning process faster. According to a clinical test, some subjects who drink green tea also have lower LDL (or bad cholesterol).
6. Garlic – Garlic is an overall healthy food. It’s got antibiotic and antifungal properties. But for its natural weight loss properties, it has the ability to help reduce fatty acids. It is also known as an appetite suppressant, meaning it helps people to not feel hungry and crave for food. In addition, this amazing natural weight loss food is also capable of helping speed up one’s metabolism.
7. Salads – Salads add a real fresh element to every meal and are popular among natural weight loss dieters. Salad greens, tomatoes, and cucumbers are all low in calories and packed with fiber. Try not to add dressings with cream or mayonnaise in them; instead, use a natural weight loss dressing like a simple vinegar/lemon and olive oil mix.
8. Fruits – Fruits such as oranges and grapefruit are a great snack because they have very low calories and also provide added fiber to your diet. Fruits like apples and pears have a lot of fiber and are a cheap addition to your natural weight loss diet.
9. Olive oil – Olive oil, especially extra virgin olive oil is a monounsaturated oil (or healthy oil) that can help people burn off calories. Olive oil is one of the more expensive oils out there, but it is also one of the healthiest and a great natural weight loss food.
10. Lean beef or pork – Lean beef or pork is a great source of proteins. They help build and repair damaged tissues, and they also help maintain the muscles. Muscles burn fats quickly so the more muscles you have, the more fats you can burn, making them great natural weight loss foods. Lean beef and pork are also heavy foods so it makes people feel fuller longer.
These top ten natural weight loss foods are just the tip of the iceberg. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of natural weight loss foods out there that are not only exciting, but are also tasty and fun to eat.
Foods to Avoid If You’re on a Natural Weight Loss Diet
1. Anything that’s packed with sugar. Sodas are actually one of the worst things to put in your body. It’s got a lot of chemicals that are dangerous to your health. And if you’re following a natural weight loss diet, sodas will definitely ruin that diet. They are packed with sugar, and excess sugar is stored as fat.
2. Anything that’s packed with salt. Chips are full of salt and salt is dangerous because it attracts water. With excess salt, people will gain weight because of increased intake of water and less elimination through urination because salt can affect a person’s kidneys.
3. Avoid unhealthy fats such as those in margarine and lard if you want a natural weight loss diet.
4. Anything artificial such as preservatives and artificial flavoring. Any chemical introduced into the body will just add to the liver’s job – slowing down its other function which is to convert fats into calories.
Always remember, healthy foods are normal foods which are tasty and help you lose weight. But it takes a lot to change one’s lifestyle and to give up food that people are used to, like sodas and junk food. But if you want to lose weight, changes have to be made. Nothing is better than going on a natural weight loss diet because it is one of the safest and fastest ways to lose weight.