Both women and men can suffer from overweight and even obesity. Nevertheless, the mechanism of men’s weight gain differs from that of women’s. Any representative of the stronger sex by nature is endowed with a relatively developed musculature system, which needs much energy for its support.
Moreover, the male body burns more calories during the day, while it does not even involve significant physical activity.
It is also proved that the men’s sex hormone testosterone plays an important role in the appearance of extra pounds and it regulates sexual function as well. It is also responsible for fat burning and the proper formation of muscles in the body of a man. At the age of 25-30, testosterone is produced by the male body in the maximum amount.
Then its quantity starts to decrease by approximately 1-2% per year. That’s why men with age often get extra pounds.
Among the other reasons of obesity there can be:
- Sedentary lifestyle;
- Incorrect diet and a habit of eating more than necessary;
- Genetic predisposition;
- The existence of a variety of bad habits. Drinking alcohol (especially chronic alcoholism) and smoking slow the metabolic processes, as well as have a negative impact on the general state of the body;
- Stressful situations.
How to normalize weight?
Weight normalization is a complex and lengthy process. It is important not just to lose those extra pounds, but also to fix the result for a long time. So, in order to get fit, a man should follow the following recommendations:
1. Change your attitude to food. Many men perceive food products not as an object of meeting the physical needs of the organism in nutrition, but as a kind of entertainment. Taking food to relax and enjoy the process, some men overeat and gain unwanted weight. To get rid of this you should completely change your attitude towards food.
2. Include obligatory and regular physical activity in your daily routine. These should be regular cardio and weight trainings in the gym. Besides, it can be walking instead of driving a car and playing sport games with friends or children instead of watching TV.
3. Limit the use of animal fats and fatty foods of animal origin;
Protein foods should be included in the daily diet, as they maintain and accumulate muscle mass;
4. Give up alcohol. What is more, this is one of the hardest tasks for men. Being a high-caloric product, alcohol saturates the body with fast glucose. In addition, alcohol also increases appetite.
5. Increase the amount of fruits and vegetables. Despite the fact that many men contemptuously call such food “grass”, they are still noteworthy. Vegetables and fruits contain fiber and are easily digested;
6. Consult a doctor if you suffer from obesity. Firstly, the doctor may recommend to test the testosterone level. Depending on the level of this hormone, a doctor can prescribe either an additional testosterone screen, or he will just tell you to increase physical activity and reduce caloric intake of food. Secondly, your doctor can recommend proper weight loss supplements, which will help you to cope with your problem.
Be in love. If a man loves and this love is mutual, then it will be easy and pleasant to lose weight.
All in all, excess weight is a dangerous problem and it is necessary to fight it as quickly as possible. Do not let the extra pounds change your life for the worse! Watch your weight and stay healthy!